Thursday, November 23, 2006

Just a Lucky So and So

Thursday
November 23
40 degrees

The sun is sort of shining, the birds are singing, music's swinging. It might even get warm enough today to thaw the hose that I left curled across the front lawn. It's just a perfect day to reflect on how damn lucky I am. {When at a loss for words, defer to the music of the incomparable Ellington as sung by Ella.} Not that I'm at a loss, but I was inspired by this song on the radio earlier today.

Absolutely nothing, nothing in the whole wide world to complain about. "We've got shelter, clothing and food, we are blessed."** Not to mention clumping kitty litter. Marvelous things surround us. Is it luck or is it grace? Whatever you attribute it to, whatever God you believe in, acknowledge today, and every day, yes, we are blessed. And damn lucky besides.

**And speaking of inspiring music, check out the soundtrack to Say, Amen Somebody.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. Of course, every time I have a moment like that I think "Oh no, am I manic? Why am I so happy about nothing in particular?" Then I smack myself and go back to appreciating automatic transmissions, and lip balm and sunsets.

Life really IS good.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often have these thoughts after leaving NYC to visit your daughter.

"Oh boy, I have roads I can drive on, fresh air, an apartment with a higher square footage than my IQ!"

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home