Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Get my art on.

Tuesday evening 6 pm -- 9 pm.
Beginning Oil Painting
Northrup King Building, taught by Clea Felien.

Q: Why?
A: New Year's Resolution #2. Do some learning.

Lesson One. Value. And we're not talking the family variety.
-- Set up still life, background and lighting.
-- Attempt to draw using little charcoal stick.
-- Wonder how those mountains got in my picture.

-- I'm learning. It's hard to be a beginner in something when in my real life job I get to be the boss and tell people what to do.
--I'm learning. A whole new language. Dark. Light. Value. Perspective. Negative Space.
This art thing. It ain't easy.
So, for all of you who look at a painting and say, "I could do that!" Well, I've got news for you.
You can't.
Don't even try.


Eating: White Castle Burgers and Junior Mints

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your drawing looks pretty good. Not sure where the mountains came from, but your value work is exquisite. You'll never look at a bowl of apples the same way again.

Love, Snivel

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it seems that EVERYONE is taking painting from Clea. i worked w/ her at MF. tell her i say hi, okay? and yer apples look damn good.... damn good.

nice blog madge. i had no idea until today! i'll visit more often.

xo

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im working on a pig painting. it looks really cool... i thought I should post it once complete. by the end of today i spose. how goes it in the land of cold? a canadian girl stole my tax refund money... so much for new tattoos and camera lenses... rat bastards, canadians seem so friendly and then WHAM, all your money is gone. didnt even know what hit me. anyways, you take it easy mama mac.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home