Thursday, June 15, 2006

The tables are turned.

Who: Madge
What: Heads off into the wild blue yonder.
When: Around 1:10 pm depending on Northwest Airlines' flight schedule.
Where: New York City
Why: visiting Nora.

I was agitating about packing: Do I have enough clothes? Do I have the right clothes for the hip-capital-of-the-world? What about shoes? Workout togs? Toothbrush? Shampoo?

Aw, quit it now. I realized that for once I can mooch off my child for a change. Shampoo? Who needs it, I'm sure she is completly stocked with health and beauty aids. Emphasis on the beauty. Oh, I look forward to being entertained in the streets of Astoria.

I intend to completely document the lifestyles of the poor and unknown including her shoebox-sized apartment. So, check back next week for a photo essay on Queens. MadgeWorld meets Astoria. Stay tuned.

Listening to: Big Yellow Taxi, Joni Mitchell
Waiting: for my cab.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who was in Astoria about three weeks ago, I wish you good luck (this means: I hope your daughter has a/c)!

-Jenna McInerny

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home